What is Lumenis ResurFX™ Fractional Resurfacing?
The Lumenis ResurFX is the latest in non-ablative, fractional laser technology to improve skin discoloration, stretch marks, acne scars, wrinkles and more. Non-ablative means it does not destroy or ablate the skin cells, while fractional means it is only affecting a fraction or percentage of the skin. The benefit of the ResurFX is that it is able to get great results with minimal recovery time unlike the CO2 laser, which has several days or more of peeling, crusting and possible swelling after the procedure. The optimum benefits of ResurFX are obtained with several treatments depending on the condition and desired results.
What conditions does the ResurFX Treat?
- Age spots or sun spots
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Stretch marks or striae
- Hyperpigmentation or discoloration
- Uneven skin tone
- Scars from acne or surgery
- Lax or loose skin
How does ResurFX work?
Histologies taken immediately after treatment*
What can I expect during the ResurFX procedure?
PRE & POST INSTRUCTIONS:
- Patients are encouraged to pre-treat skin with our HQ kit for 2-4 weeks prior to their first treatment.
- Avoid irritant topical agents (AHA, BHA, Retinol), including our HQ kit, for 3-4 days prior to treatment.
- Avoid tanning/excessive sun exposure for 4 weeks prior to treatment.
- Avoid applying makeup on the day of treatment.
- If patient has a history of Herpes Simplex, patient will be prescribed oral antiviral medication.
- Mild erythema and skin sensitivity may occur up to 7 days.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for 2-3 weeks.
- Gentle moisturizers and sunblock must be applied daily.
- Avoid using hot showers/baths/saunas/exercise for the first 24 hours following treatment.
Book A Consultation
"*" indicates required fields